The recent submission of ZenIP 42206 which states that reward currently paid to Secure Node in the Horizen mainchain block will be redirected to an EON Forger Subsidy Fund. Thus, any node assigned as a Forger Node in the EON ecosystem must have the configuration requirements listed in the EON Forger Node Criteria. The EON Forger Node requirements can be implemented by users or blockchain providers.
- Read the Horizen Blog that explains the need for a secure EON ecosystem.
- View the Beyond Horizen episode on Redirecting Secure Node Rewards to EON.
EON Forger Node Criteria
Minimum and recommended instance requirements for running an EON Forger Node in the context of Open Forging.
|CPU Core count||4||8|
|Frequency/IPC||2.5 GHz||3.0+ GHz||High frequency is required in order to scale better.|
|Memory||16 GB||32 GB|
|Swap||-||-||Swap is not recommended.|
|Storage||64 GB||512 GB|
|Storage growth||TBD||TBD||Expected growth over time.|
|Bandwidth||250 Megabit||500+ Megabit||Low latency connectivity to other Forger Nodes is crucial.|
|IP Address||IPv4 dedicated||IPv4 dedicated|
- EON available for inbound connections on IPv4.
- Correct reachable address and port combination are advertised to the network by EON.
- Must not restrict peer connections.
- Must configure the EON P2P TCP port 9084 to be reachable from the outside for other nodes to connect to (EON MUST accept incoming connections from other nodes).
Note: The requirements detailed can be added to or modified without notice.