The pages in this section of the documentation are aimed at the newcomer to the Horizen Sidechain SDK. They’re designed to help you get started quickly, and show how easy it is to work with the sidechain SDK as a developer who wants to customize it and get it working according to their own requirements.
These tutorials take you step-by-step through some key aspects of this work. They’re not intended to explain the topics in depth, or provide reference material, but they will leave you with a good idea of what is possible to achieve in just a few steps, and how to go about it.
Once you’re familiar with the basics presented in these tutorials, you’ll find the more in-depth coverage of the same topics in the How-to section.
The tutorials follow a logical progression, starting from installation of Horizen Sidechain SDK and the creation of a brand new project, and build on each other, so it’s recommended to work through them in the order presented here.
- 1. Before you start
- 2. Installing the Horizen Sidechain SDK
- 3. Internal Representation of a Blockchain
- 4. The Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol
- 5. Latus Consensus
- 6. Node communication
- 7. Base App
- 8. Sidechains SDK extension
- 8.1. Custom box creation
- 8.2. BoxSerializer and BoxDataSerializer
- 8.3. Specific actions for extension of Coin-box
- 8.4. Transaction extension
- 8.5. Custom Proof / Proposition creation
- 8.6. Application State
- 8.7. Application Wallet
- 8.8. Sidechain Application Stopper
- 8.9. Custom API creation
- 8.10. Backup and restore procedure
- 8.11. Logging
- 9. Car Registry Tutorial
Either way, you’ll be able to find support and help from the numerous friendly
members of the Horizen community, on our Discord